Armchair CEO: Apple
Tuesday, March 09, 2004
 
Dell - Client & Enterprise Solutions, Software, Peripherals, Services

Someone asks me the other day what computer they should get. Sheepishly, and after much consideration for what this person does, is, and has yet to do, I had to recommend a Dell.

Why? For one, it was NOT price. A Mac, pound-for-pound, was cheaper. At least, a laptop (oh, "notebook" as the industry would have us call them now that they're actually light enough to hold on the lap).

The deciding factor was ease-of-use for that individual, and knowing that in her support group would be a happy little clique of PC-users.

That said, I felt if I could have just spent an hour teaching this individual what needed to be taught (basic OS protocols), then the choice would have been mac. Her industry is music.

I get this all the time. So what I'd like to do is invest about $80 in software to record my own FREE tutorials. Now all's I need to do is find a cheap web host. Or barter...

Great! Another task :-)

Powered by Blogger