Armchair CEO: Apple
Monday, June 14, 2004
 
Web Hosting for $1 a month : 1dollarhosting.com

Sounds good doesn't it? Well, so does a "free lunch." And if you like eating discarded coffee grounds, there are plenty of free lunches to be had behind millions of restaurants. Or if you're a picky eater, behind millions of Starbucks.

So yeah, $1 a month sounded great to me as well. Until I actually started using the service... My site is up about 60% of the time.

Totally unacceptable for a site that sees maybe 3 visitors a month. And WAY not good enough if I'm going to create a viable "content" site.

So I'm ruing the day I switched to these guys. What's funnny is that webcountry.net has plans starting at around $4 a month. I guess they put the $1 sites on converted xboxes or something, and then come around every now and again and kick them or something...

SO my advice is to stay far away from 1dollarhosting.com and webcountry.net until they get their act together. Or get honest about uptime.

Powered by Blogger